Preparation Time Less than 10 mins
Cooking Time Less than 10 mins
Calorie/Fat Count Energy 467kcals Fat 0g
450g/1lb red rhubarb
225-450g/½-1lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1. Dissolve the sugar in the water and bring to the boil.
Boil for 2 minutes.
2. Allow to cool and refrigerate until needed.
3. Put the cold syrup and rhubarb into a stainless steel
4. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes (no
longer or it will dissolve into a mush).
5. Turn off the heat and leave the rhubarb in the covered
saucepan until just cold.
6. Add the strawberries to the rhubarb compote.
7. Chill and serve.
SIDE DISHES I
DUTCH FOOD I
STIR FRY I
COOKING INDEX I
MUSE THALIA I