Chinese Iceberg Salad
Preparation Time 10 to 30 mins
Cooking Time Less than 10 mins
Calorie/Fat Count Energy 594kcals Fat 42g
½ large iceberg lettuce
2 large carrots
½ a cucumber
6 spring onions, chopped
90ml/6tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
225g/8oz cooked chicken, cut into strips
3 water chesnuts, sliced thinly
15ml/1tbsp soy sauce
salt and ground black pepper
2 pieces preserved stem ginger, chopped finely
- Shred the lettuce fairly finely and put in a salad bowl.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin slivers; halve and de-seed the cucumber and cut into slivers.
- Add the carrots and cucumber to the lettuce.
- Fry the chopped spring onions gently in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chicken strips and sliced water chestnuts and stir over the heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, salt and black pepper to taste, and chopped stem ginger.
- Stir in the hot dressing into the prepared salad ingredients and serve immediately.