Italian Herbed Chicken and Penne Pasta
Prep/Cook Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (14 oz.) Chicken Broth
- 6 sun-dried tomato halves
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into crosswise strips
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 4 cups hot cooked penne pasta PLACE broth and tomatoes in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Remove tomatoes; cut up.
SEASON chicken with oregano and garlic. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
ADD mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in flour and cook and stir 1 min.
ADD tomatoes and broth. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Add spinach and pasta. Mix lightly to coat. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe provided by Kythera in the Elysium Gates Taverna Forum