Ham and Cheese Savories
- 8 thin slices of stale bread
- 4 slices (¼ oz each) Gouda or Edam cheese
- 4 slices ham ((¼ oz each)
- butter or margarine, or dripping for frying
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut it in identical
slices. Cut the cheese and the ham to the same size. Put
1 slice of ham and cheese between to slices of bread.
Spread the sandwiches on the outside with butter or
margarine. Fry them golden brown and crisp and serve this
savory either for lunch, or as an entrée after the soup
with the main meal.