Apple Crumble Cake
Preparation Time 10 to 30 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins to 1 hr
Calorie/Fat Count Energy 690kcal Fat 38g
175g/6oz plain flour
50g/2oz granulated sugar
225g/8oz caster sugar
4 large eggs, beaten
225g/8oz self-raising flour
900g/2lb cooking apples, peeled, cored and cooked until just tender and dry
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Grease a 20cm/8in loose-bottomed cake tin.
- To make crumble, rub butter and flour together, then stir in sugar.
- To make cake, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, a little at a time, then gently fold in flour.
- Pour into prepared cake tin, spread apple over and top with crumble.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.